|Location:||Anchorage, Portland, Salem, Carlsbad or San Diego|
We are looking for an energetic and responsive Pension Administrator interested in growing their career as we grow our retirement plan business. The Pension Administrator has a significant amount of client contact while providing plan design, compliance, actuarial valuation and technical consulting services for Defined Benefit, Cash Balance and Defined Contribution plans.
Candidates that fit into our firm and culture will have a desire to develop and mentor staff, enjoy working as part of a team, and have a passion for the retirement plan business. The ideal candidate will have excellent organization and communication skills as well as technical plan expertise.
- Provide timely, accurate and responsive service to ensure client satisfaction
- Manage workflow effectively to ensure all deadlines are met
- Prepare and analyze data for use in annual valuations and plan administration
- Collect and analyze financial statements received and perform or supervise the completion of plan trust accounting
- Interpret retirement plan documents
- Perform actuarial valuations for traditional Defined Benefit and Cash Balance plans
- Perform non-discrimination testing, including coverage testing, ADP/ACP testing for DC plans and combined plan 401(a)(4) testing
- Prepare annual reports for plan sponsors and participants
- Prepare Form 5500 including Schedule SB
- Assist in implementation of new and takeover retirement plans
- Consult on plan design and pension issues
- 3-5 years of experience in nondiscrimination testing and retirement plan administration with Defined Benefit, Cash Balance and Defined Contribution plans
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and heavy workload especially during peak periods
- Desire to learn and grow professionally
- Bachelor’s degree
- Credentials with a nationally recognized organization (ASPPA or NIPA)
- Extensive knowledge of ERISA and Internal Revenue Code and Regulations
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical, and research abilities
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills
Aldrich Retirement Solutions LP (formerly AKT Retirement Plan Services LP) is a professional third-party administrator providing a full range of services to corporate retirement plans. We are affiliated through common ownership with Aldrich CPAs and Advisors LLP.
Aldrich's leadership philosophy encompasses the firm's clearly defined mission, vision, and values: "Helping our clients achieve their goals." Quality service is the greatest product Aldrich offers. We take great pride in our integrity and ability to deliver on our commitments to clients. We bring fresh and innovative solutions to resolve client issues, and listen intently to their needs while working to exceed their expectations.
Aldrich is one of those unique professional services firms that has deep technical expertise and resources with a regional presence while still maintaining our personal service. Aldrich is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary And Benefits
Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, flexible benefits plan, 401(k) plan, profit-sharing, and 401(k) match, paid holidays, as well as vacation and sick leave in the form of a paid time-off bank and volunteer time.To Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter describing how you meet the minimum qualifications and desired attributes. Also include the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references who are familiar with your background and qualifications, along with your permission to contact them.