We are looking for an energetic highly responsive Tax Manager to join our team. The Tax Manager performs technical tax review and leads and manages multiple tax engagements. Your role will include a significant amount of client contact and developing new business opportunities for the firm.
Candidates that fit into our firm and culture will have a desire to develop and mentor staff, enjoy working as part of a team and have a passion for tax. This individual will have a desire to provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Performs technical tax review and approval of tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up-to-date on trends, development, and technical authorities.
- Develop and mentor staff and seniors through training and effective performance feedback and ensuring responsibilities are consistent with skill and development goals.
- Manage risk and financial performance of engagements including billing, collection, and the budget for projects.
- Assist in new business development.
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business.
- Participate in and contribute to market and business activities external to the firm.
Requires a minimum of 5 years recent public accounting experience and/or law firm.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other business related field, or a J.D. from an accredited college/university.
- Requires one of the following: CPA or attorney.
- Experience preparing and reviewing complex individual and business tax returns required.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate and individual tax issues.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Ability to balance multiple engagements and client service teams.
Aldrich CPAs and Advisors LLP (formerly AKT) is a growing west coast regional firm of independent CPAs and advisors. Aldrich Group brings experienced CPAs, wealth advisors, benefit advisors, and retirement plan experts together to provide accounting, auditing, tax compliance, international consulting, business valuation, financial planning, wealth management and business consulting services to our clients.
Accounting Today ranks Aldrich as one of the top 100 accounting firms in the country. We offer a suite of services tailored to fit the individual needs of diverse industries like agribusiness, construction, government, global services and emerging business, healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, nonprofit, telecommunications, and utilities.
Aldrich's leadership philosophy encompasses the firm's clearly defined mission, vision, and values: "Helping our clients achieve their goals." Quality service is the greatest product Aldrich offers. We take great pride in our integrity and ability to deliver on our commitments to clients. We bring fresh and innovative solutions to resolve client issues, and listen intently to their needs while working to exceed their expectations.
Aldrich is one of those unique professional services firms that has deep technical expertise and resources with a regional presence while still maintaining our personal service. Aldrich is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary and Benefits
Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, flexible benefits plan, 401(k) plan, profit-sharing, and 401(k) match, paid holidays, volunteer time, as well as vacation and sick leave in the form of a paid time-off bank.To Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter describing how you meet the minimum qualifications and desired attributes. Also include the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references who are familiar with your background and qualifications, along with your permission to contact them.