|Location:||Anchorage, Portland, Salem, Carlsbad or San Diego|
The Pension Actuary serves as an expert and manager in the actuarial valuation, administration and compliance to small Defined Benefit and Cash Balance plans. Additionally, this position serves as a resource to internal CPA staff, plan sponsors, financial advisors and ERISA counsel for matters related to ERISA compliance, plan design and governmental reporting.
Candidates that fit into our firm and culture will have a strong communications skills and problem solving skills and have a passion for graphs and numbers. This individual will have a desire to provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Perform actuarial valuation and plan record keeping for assigned clients
- Determine annual IRC 430 and IRC 404 funding range
- Assist clients with all initial and ongoing plan design and document support including aligning their DC and DB plans and review of plan provisions to analyze plan compliance
- Effectively partner with internal Pension Administrators and outside Consultants and ERISA Attorneys
- Maintain up-to date knowledge of present legislation and proposed legislative changes with regard to ERISA law through self study
- Use knowledge to update clients with respect to implications and/or opportunities that legal or regulatory changes will have on their retirement plans
- Review or perform, as needed, the annual testing for plans, including ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, 410(b), 415, 401(a)(4),deductibility, and 402(g)
- Assist with annual and regulatory plan audits with an ability to effectively communicate with the plan sponsor, auditor and IRS or DOL
- Coordinate with all applicable parties, both internal and external, to ensure accurate conversion process for new clients
- Support sales effort through technical support and creation of illustrations
- Provide sales and marketing support by leading educational discussions for advisors and clients
- Responsible for filing and maintaining client records using firm’s cloud storage service
- Responsible for preparing invoices and managing clients billing questions including negotiating accounts receivable
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately without peer review and meet statutory and client deadlines
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Relius Administration and Relius Government Forms desirable
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet deadlines in connection with business operations, including related ERISA compliance matters
- Ability to effectively plan and assign work
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years experience in the pension industry
- Enrolled Actuary designation or have passed exam EA-1 with intention of passing exam EA-2 (Segments F and L)
- Experience with small plan Defined Benefit and Cash Balance plans
- Experience with Defined Contribution plans desirable
Aldrich Retirement Solutions LP (formerly AKT Retirement Plan Services LP) is a professional third-party administrator providing a full range of services to corporate retirement plans. We are affiliated through common ownership with Aldrich CPAs and Advisors LLP. Aldrich Group brings experienced CPAs, wealth advisors, benefit advisors, and retirement plan experts together to provide accounting, auditing, tax compliance, international consulting, business valuation, financial planning, wealth management and business consulting services to our clients.
Aldrich's leadership philosophy encompasses the firm's clearly defined mission, vision, and values: "Helping our clients achieve their goals." Quality service is the greatest product Aldrich offers. We take great pride in our integrity and ability to deliver on our commitments to clients. We bring fresh and innovative solutions to resolve client issues, and listen intently to their needs while working to exceed their expectations.
Aldrich is one of those unique professional services firms that has deep technical expertise and resources with a regional presence while still maintaining our personal service. Aldrich is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary And Benefits
Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits packet, which includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible benefits plan, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, and 401(k) match, paid holidays, paid volunteer leave, as well as vacation and sick leave in the form of a paid time-off bank.
Submit your resume and a cover letter describing how you meet the minimum qualifications and desired attributes.